When you first get to ResourceFirst from a browser, you will be presented with a login dialog. Enter your user name and password, provided to you by your PDWare administrator, and hit the Login button to login.
If your username or password is incorrect you will be presented with the failed login message.
Click your name in upper right, and select Logout from the drop down menu.
The next time you click your ResourceFirst icon, you will need to enter your user name and password.
To change your password (if your company is not integrated with Active Directory), click on your name in upper right, and then select Profile from the drop down menu.
Your profile page will appear.
Click on Reset Password and a dialog box will appear.
Enter the old and new passwords and click Change Password.
Interface & Navigation
Once your login is confirmed you will see the default ResourceFirst home page. You'll notice a set of icons on the upper left, and a set of icons on the upper left.
Upper Left Icons - Main System Areas
The main system icons below (depicted in the upper left tray in ResourceFirst) are depicted below:
The icons to the right of the ResourceFirst logo represent:
- Home (Team member)
- Reporting (Qlik)
- Actuals (aka Timesheets)
Hovering over any of the icons presents a dropdown menu (pictured below for the Resources area), where you can go directly to various pages in the system:
These Function Areas and details within will be available according to your rights.
Note: If you are using a version of ResourceFirst prior to 2020, the main menu will look as follows, with the icons representing:
- Home (Team member)
- Reporting (Qlik)
- Timesheet Actuals
Navigation Prior to Release 8
On versions prior to Release 8 (2020), clicking each Function Area icon will open a separate tab for that area (the newer UI as of 2020 will allos for going directly to pages via the left side menu). In the diagram below, both the Home screen and the Analytics tab are open, with the Home tab currently selected. Likewise, clicking on an individual project name hyperlink on any list page that lists projects will open up a tab for that project.
Most of the icons produce a set of sub-tabs related to that function. For example, below are several selected icons and their related sub-tabs (these are fully explained in the respective sections on this site for each center).
Notice the top tier of the screen represents the main Functional Area icons, then there are the tabs for each icon or function chosen. Then there's a set of sub-tabs for each main page.
- Team Member (initial default “Home” page)
- In addition, as noted in the beginning of this article, there are icons for PMO and Financials. Notice they don't appear in the above screenshots. That's because the user wasn't authorized to those functions.
Upper Right Icons - Special Functions
In addition to the upper left Main Center icons, there are a set of icons on the upper right, as follows:
- The Data Settings icon allows you to set certain allocation options as to how allocations are calculated and shown throughout the system. See Data Settings - Allocation Options for more.
- The Star icon allows you to save the current page as your home screen.
- The "?" or "i" icon brings up help documentation in the PDWare Success Center.
- The Funnel icon is where you set the data filters for your current session (more on this below)
- The Downloads icon is where you'll find downloads from Excel exports (more on this below)
- The Messages icon (the envelope) has notifications.
Your User Name will appear to the right of these controls, where you can update your profile, delegate rights, and logout. See Personal Profile Options for more.
(Note: If you're using a version prior to ResourceFirst Release 8 (2020), the icons will look as below, but perform the same function, with the exception of "Data Settings" which doesn't exist prior to Release 8)