When you first get to the ResourceFirstTM Web Client from a browser you will be presented with a login dialog. Enter your user name and password, provided to you by the PDWare administrator, and hit the Login button to login. Clicking “Remember Me” and later exiting via “X”ing out of the application will enable subsequent access without entering either user id or password.
If your username or password is incorrect you will be presented with the failed login message.
Click your name in upper right, and select Logout from the drop down menu.
The next time you click your ResourceFirstTM icon, you will need to enter your user name and password.
To change your password (if your company is not integrated with Active Directory), click on your name in upper right, and then select Profile from the drop down menu.
Your profile page will appear.
Click on Reset Password and a dialog box will appear.
Enter the old and new passwords and click Change Password.
Interface & Navigation
Once your login is confirmed you will see the default ResourceFirstTM Web Client application home page.
The Role Based Function Centers shown above and details within will change accordingly to your rights. Multiple function centers may be open at a time. Clicking each Role Based Function icon will show a set of function-specific tabs.
- Team Member (initial default “Home” page)
- A separate training module addresses Administrator capabilities.
Filters/Get Data (Set Session Scope)
- The commonly used button on the upper right allows selection of what data is being addressed and how it is presented. This is similar to the “Get Data” function in the Portfolio Client. The Get Data dialog requires that project and resource nodes are selected and that the start date, granularity type and number of periods have valid entries before returning data from the database. Additional specific Global Filters may also be defined.
Important! When using ResourceFirst, the first thing you should do is use the Filter icon to set your scope. One of the most common problems is people forgetting to do this and wondering why they're not seeing their data.
The icon in Forecasts and other relevant contexts allows setting the visible data range (the start date, granularity type and number of periods).
Use the scroll bar at right when needed. If your dataset in a tab is large, a paging tool bar will display at the bottom.
The toolbar will indicate the page you are on, the total number of pages, and provide navigation buttons to move forward or backwards, and a button to Refresh the page.
Sorting & Filtering
Column headers can be used to sort and filter the data contained in them.
To sort a column based on its values you can:
- Click on the column header text
- Expand the column header menu by clicking the down arrow and selecting the sort
To filter a column, expand the column header and enter the value in the filter section.
Note: The filter applies a wild card at the beginning and end of the search terms.
Exporting to Excel
Clicking “Export to Excel” button initially notifies you your export to Microsoft® Excel™ is being created. A subsequent notification alerts you that the file is ready for download at the download center.
Clicking the Exports button in upper right enables downloading or deletion of exported files: