To the right of most views in ResourceFirst, you'll see three icons as follows. They represent, in order, SAVE, IMPORT, EXPORT.
To export data from the view you're on, click the Export button (the rightmost button in the above image). This will generate a spreadsheet that you can download via the Downloads center (the "download" icon in the upper right main ResourceFirst tray). From there, you can download to an Excel or CSV file by clicking on the item and clicking on the Download button.
Below is an image of the Downloads center.
To import project, resource, and forecast data to ResourceFirst, it is best to follow the general guidelines below:
1) Make sure your Project and Resource OBS nodes have been created (though if you have new nodes in the import file, the system will create them automatically)
2) Make sure all your needed column headings have been defined in Admin for Project, Resources, and Forecasts. The system imports by column heading.
3) Create up to three Excel spreadsheets as needed (representing Project, Resource, and Forecast), with the respective fields you want to import. Be sure the column headings on the spreadsheet match the column headings set up in ResourceFirst under Project, Resource, or Effort (see Administering Column Headings for how to view the column headings for each of the three categories). Always include the Key field in each spreadsheet, along with the project name or resource name as appropriate.
4) Go to the respective tab (Projects-->Data, Resources-->Data, Resources-->Forecast) and click the Import button (to the right of the Save button). Specify the spreadsheet name and location when prompted. The data should then be imported.
Note that you can import multiple times. The import should match on Key (or Resource or Project Name if the Key is not provided). The system will add records that don’t exist, and update records that do. Likewise, if you only want to import additional fields to an already existing database, just include the Key (or the Resource or Project name) and the columns you wish to update/add.
Regarding the Nodes, the full hierarchy of OBS nodes (including the child and its parents) are stored in the following OBS summary fields, each level of the hierarchy separated by a backslash:
- Project OBS = Owner (or Organization)
- Resource OBS = Org
- Effort OBS = Org