Below are the cumulative release notes for ResourceFirst. More more details on 2018 releases, see the2018 Release Sheet.
· Timesheets now allow discussion (team members and managers can communicate at the time sheet level)
· The Total column on the user's personal page starts with a filter to show only assignments with demand. Changing the filter will be remembered between sessions.
· The "Insert non-labor assignments" dialog allows sorting/filtering
· "Effort state" list setup/control is now possible in administration
· The Admin user list now allows sorting and filtering
· PMO Score card is now a continuous scrolling grid. (no more paging)
· Financial rollup report allows the display of values based on non-labor category (see image below)
· Copy-paste is now supported on assignment pages in Actual value mode
· When baselining a project and not providing start/finish dates, all values will be baselined, not just between the project start and end dates.
· Resource utilization summary row updates correctly based on value displayed
· Error when importing files with org breakdown columns is now resolved
· Infinite loop when setting home page to Track Time has been resolved.
· Can’t edit dates or durations in the Gantt has been resolved.
· No confirmation when a request is answered on the Requests to Me page. This has been resolved.
· "Requests to me" allows seeing all request states, and is now a continuous scroll page
· Clicking on the email link caused an error. This has been resolved.
· No longer need to reload page to see the response to requests on the Request to Me page
· Can’t add a node with no name in Edit OBS page
· Can’t create duplicate nodes in Edit OBS
· 1) The About page in the Admin center now has license and build information
· 2) Administrators can now design the Qlik Reports Menu at the bottom of the Server Settings tab in the Admin center.
To design the menu (referencing the above diagram):
o File Name – the name of the file (with path) in the Qlikview server folder structure
o Label – the text to be displayed in the menu for the report. In order to create a submenu, the administrator needs to specify the submenu name followed by \ and then the report name. All reports part of a submenu should be listed together.
o Visibility Function – to control the type of users that can access a report, you can specify a function using these terms:
§ HasNodeRights(“Type”, Id, Level) – Type can be replaced with Project or Resource. Id is the database node identifier, and Level is the rights level (0 – read only, 2 – edit, 3 – node admin)
§ You can combine conditions using && for the AND operation, and || for the OR operation.
· 3) The PMO Roadmap now allows filtering on Phase/Milestone/Start-Finish and Event Name
When filtering on a name, the system will hide everything that doesn’t have the filter in its name. the rows will still be visible but with nothing inside.
For example, filtering on "tri" results in a view like this.
· 4) PMO Swimlanes – allows the display of project start-finish bars with the ability to roll up to any project field (selectable in the "Group By" selector in the upper right). A project needs both a start and a finish to be displayed. The color of the project bars will correspond to the project status indicator.
Projects lanes rolled up to the Project Type field
· 5) Timesheets now allow tracking against Features and User Stories if Agile is enabled in administration, and if the resource is on a team assigned to projects.
· 6) Timesheets now display total row at the bottom (not only a sections total).
· 7) There is a new Aha! Interface to bring in features and scrum team assignments.
· 8) Interface runs are now logged in an InterfaceRun.log file available to view and download from the ‘Log Files’ section of the Admin area.
· 9) New Project, Resource, and Assignment Rollup reports are available in the PMO section.
o By the default, the Project Rollup will roll up values to the Project Hierarchy (Parent-Child relationship between projects), the Resource Rollup to the Resource OBS, and the Assignment Rollup to the Project|Skill levels.
o A user can roll up the data to any available field in the appropriate sections using the "Define Rollup" tab. A user can also define multiple levels for the rollup. For example, rolling up project data to Project Manager and Project Status. Under "Define Rollup," Simply click the arrows to add or remove fields to/from the rollup pane.
o There is no limit to the level of hierarchies in the rollup.
o Values displayed depend on the type you select on the rightmost selector dropdown. Choices are as follows:
§ Project Rollup – Demand, Shortfall, Allocation, Allocation %
§ Resource Rollup – Demand, Capacity, Variance< Variance %
§ Assignment Rollup - Demand, Shortfall, Allocation, Allocation %
· 10) New Financial Rollup Report in the Financial section
o Same functionality as the Assignment Rollup, but shows dollars (Forecast or Actual can be chosen on the right selector button)
· 11) New Demand Analysis What-If Priority functionality in the PMO Demand
o The functionality will show the impact of moving a project up in the priority list.
o Clicking on a project row and selecting the "What-If Priority" function will show a screen with the project in its current priority compared to if the priority was raised higher than the project above it. The resource assignment allocation and shortfall will be shown for both, so you can see if the project would have a better allocation situation if it was higher priority.
o You'll notice a set of right and left arrows in the upper right. This allows you to tab left or right. The leftmost screen is the original demand portfolio. The middle screen is the one that shows the selected project vs. its situation with a higher priority. If you click on the row with the new priority and click the "Show Details" button, you'll be taken to the rightmost screen, which shows the changed priority in the context of the overall portfolio. In other words, you can see the impact on other projects' resources.
o The system allows you to filter on only the impacted projects from the move, or to "show all" to show the whole portfolio.
- Project Gantt now shows icons correctly.
- Deleting the last assignment row when the row is selected (not a cell in the row) doesn’t error.
- Add non-labor assignment allows type ahead on the node drop-down.
- Issue when using P99 for the phase abbreviation on phases has been resolved.
- Formatting of financial tables after switching between Forecast and Actual has been corrected.
- Adding project node to the timesheet view doesn’t error.
- Edit OBS names not saving has been resolved.
- Script fixes to allow IE11 compatibility have been applied.
· New Project Labor Scenario
· Labor & Financial Scenarios supports a Target line, and highlight in the scenario table cell where the values exceed the target
· Project state allows defining if a state locks the project for time tracking and or forecast changes (both creating new assignments or editing forecast)
· Admin can specify minimum per day/period for time tracking
· New Insert Skill Assignment dialog, support adding custom fields for searching skills based on resources in nodes attribute.
· Insert assignment custom fields are saved between session and allow selecting values based on resource values in the lists
· Email generated by the Pulse engine supports HTML
· Workflows allow creating steps that are not linked to any Project States.
· Project and Resource row level locking. Users can work with projects and resources they have rights to when Get Data contains records they can't edit.
· A user can respond to multiple requests at once by multi-selecting rows using the SHIFT or CTRL keys
· Workflow dialog doesn’t lock when searching for users without defining a project state
· Icon to remove node selection in GetData filters is now showing correctly in all browsers
· Colors in Skill Analysis render correctly when switching modes
· Requests comments show up in all request pages
· Column totals update correctly in assignment pages when switching modes
· Move project dialog refers to the correct selected projects for move
· Clicking on a resource name column in the request pages for a skill assignment requests doesn't try to drill down to an invalid resource
· Labor and financial scenario display scrollbars when the window is small
· Node Level columns are available to add to Project/Resource/Assignment views. These columns allow filtering and sorting but are not editable. They will update their values based on changes to the Node-Path column.
· Financial Scenario supports cumulative calculation mode.
· New Insert Resource Assignment dialog, supports adding custom fields for searching resources. The user can search on any field in the Resource Data.
· Clearing values from project data dropdowns saves correctly
· Convert demand doesn’t fails when assignment mode is in actuals and the assignment has no resource (skill assignment)
· Yearly mode issue in Financial and Labor assignment didn’t display correctly
· New output modeler in project detail
o The new modeler allows users to auto-calculate assignment forecast based on an output requirement per period.
o Each module can support as many calculation lines as needed.
o Calculation types include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percent, Minutes per, Hours per, and Days per
· Column headers in Assignment pages support a project schedule mode
· Project Scheduler request plan saves values correctly
· Time Tracking Compliance report applies hire, and termination dates correctly to the report data.
· New financial space for users with F3 rights
o Users can view all non-labor assignments across all projects in the get data
o Users can switch between Forecast and Actuals for view
o New scenario page where a user can exclude, scale, and delay a project to see the impact on financial cost
· Forecast pages renamed to Assignments
o Added the ability to switch between Forecast and Actual on all Assignment pages (labor and non-labor)
· New Import Assignment with values in Assignment pages (values imported will depend on the mode the page is in. So, a user can import both actuals and forecast)
· Financial save in granularity other than month when start date is not the same as the period start caused values will shift on save
· New User View Personalization
o Users can create customized views in project, resource, and assignment grids. Functionality is accessible by the new ‘Edit View’ button
o User changes to Visible columns is stored between sessions
o User changes to locked columns is stored between sessions
o User changes to column width is stored between sessions
· Setting homepage favorite remembers the active tab in the favorite
· Improved performance on Project Detail à Financial
· Improved performance for users on initial load if they don’t have portfolio rights.
· Roadmap overlapping in PMO
· Get Data stays on the same section with the same active tab after a reload
· Financial save when granularity is greater than months and the user changed the start date to be different from the period start
· Candidates view not available for edit
· Distribution table errored when adding a new record without first selecting a row
· New Admin Interface functionality
o Jira Interface
o Admin setting for interfaces added
· New Project Status History
· Candidate view can be configured as a resource view with name Candidate. if no view exists a default node, resource name view is used.
· Project detail form used will be remembered between sessions
· Reload maintain pages
· Web app support with Qlikview using certificates
· New Get Data Obs UI
· Edit OBS on Admin
· Team members login doesn’t hit the database needlessly
· Auto-logout from SSO session goes to placeholder page not auto-login
· Changed pulse notification to be async to improve performance
· Rights issues with hidden and editable fields when multiple nodes are selected
· Save in Financial module saving to wrong time periods (quarterly mode).
· Utilization grouping bug
· Can define budget on strategy
· Hosted clients can enable Mixed mode authentication when using SSO
· Parent column in projects can be added to views and forms
· New WebAPI for agile functionality
· Team assignments can be controlled from forecast pages
· Resource team allocation in resource detail screens
· Edit Rights in Admin
· Added ability to define default phases and milestones in admin
· Distribution load
· Export on time tracking
· Missing TeamId in get forecast grouping in oracle
· External column in financial items is not escaped in oracle
· Reload data forces pages refresh, to eliminate display issues
· Admin user defined lists control
· New Team Functionality
o Add resources to teams
o Specify resource availability to teams
o Assign teams to projects
o Switch between team and resource mode in forecast pages
· New Agile functionality
o Add features
o Add backlog items (user stories, bugs)
o Roadmap scheduling based on priorities, team availability, and sprints
o Post forecast from Agile roadmap
· New Baseline WebAPI
· Compliance report chart is scrollable
· Wider columns in track time to see values in entry mode
· Live search with buffer can find record way down the list that are not rendered
· Hyperlinks work in grids. Editing of hyperlink is only in forms
· Track time timesheet details are scrollable and exportable when not in open state
· Enabled logging on all controllers
· Print form in project charter
· New backend logging for all user actions
· Admin periods load weeks and not months by default
· Managers can assign resources to projects from resource list
· Added the ability to disregard candidate availability for replace assignment in Show Candidate
· Can hide weekend in time tracking views
· Skill analysis not adding resource remaining capacity to primary skill
· Opening to resource detail errors if there is no forecast view for the user
· Ranking page failed to load in oracle with over 1000 projects
· Forecast operations while selecting rows and not cells now work
· Candidate not showing assigned column
· Can't open project detail with no start date
· View designer changed to allow multi select fields
· New Skill Analysis
· Baseline start and end dates fields available for projects
· New Phases & Milestones in Project info
· Changes to project manager field in form did update project manager rights
· Reject or delete project initiation didn't verify changes to node right level
· WebApi Get assignment actual ranges returns rows with no actual or no forecast
· New Features
o Project demand allows switching between: demand, allocation, shortfall, and % allocation values
o Resource Utilization allows switching between: capacity, demand, Variance, and % utilization
o Project demand and resource utilization support rollup summary into view columns
o Admin can reset a user profile in case of issues with login
o Assignment count in resource detail forecast pages shows correct count after reload (used to accumulate)
o Request state changes not reflected in the UI
· New Features
o New Drag-fill functionality on forecast and capacity tables
o New spreadsheet view on forecast, capacity, demand, utilization, and financial assignment views.
o Column and row totals on forecast, capacity, and financial views
o Support for Copy-Paste in Financial, Forecast, and capacity pages.
o Support for locking columns for freeze pane like functionality
o What-if scenario on project demand is in % allocation
o Initiation form validates column change rules
· New Features
o What-if scenario on project demand
o Validation and Change control rules can be set on fields in Admin->Column Headers. This allow for validating field input based on other fields. Making other fields mandatory based on input, updating other fields based on input, and verifying other fields values based on input
o Live search on project and resource lists (can search any visible column for and text entered)
o Timesheet Webapi can return total hours reported per period in a new Compliance call
o Adding financial assignment shows error message if not all fields are selected (in the past just closed the dialog without doing anything)
· New Features
o Admin can define mandatory fields for Project, Resource, and assignment (for these to be enforced they need to be in the view)
o Admin setting to exclude inactive resources from time tracking compliance report
o Project and resource name are editable in the Data tables (you need to tab into the field to enter edit mode) editing in the detail header has been removed
o Error when notifying user about export successes
o Assignment webapi did not set skill correctly
o Hide columns based on rights
o Verify mandatory fields before taking baseline
o Request not loading when there is a node or resource udf filter
o Changing view on Forecast locked screen
o Endless loop when personal forecast page has duplicate assignments
o Edit view name changed type to timesheet
- PMO Score chart only shows the top 25 scoring projects
- Assignment UDFs are available to be added to the financial view (in project detail) the column in the user view will be remembered for the next session
- Links to project detail and resource detail work from all pages
- Changes from any detail tab (project or resource) automatically reflect in all tabs
- On Project detail, created (by and time) and modified (by and time) information is displayed in the project header when available. Note: created information requires turning on audit on projects
- Actuals API for both labor and non-labor assignments
- Timesheet API - added the ability to delete a timesheet detail row
- Administrators can define a column data type on any field. Available types are:
- Text area
- Number (regular, currency, or percent)
- Date (local or custom)
- Users can create a copy of a project with or without forecast, schedule, phases, milestones, and financial assignments
- Insert financial assignment uses a grid for selecting the non-labor item instead of a drop down
- Project forms showed only the first section after a reload if the form contained a User Defined Field (UDF) with a list
- Timesheet API - fixed the sync method to remove deleted rows
- Multi-select resource nodes caused an error on the request page
- Update multiple projects error on update manager rights, when the manager field is in the view.
• FEATURE: Submit baseline available in the project detail
• FEATURE: Project can have a weight (1-100%) against the strategy they are a part of.
• FEATURE: Node dropdown are now searchable by wild card
• FIXED: Get project nodes, in specific cases, showed invalid nodes if the user had some project manager rights to project
• FIXED: Node drop downs are filtered based on the user get data parameters, not only what they have rights to
• FIXED: In some cases, PM right was not assigned to a user after he was put as the manager for the project
• FEATURE: Get Nodes WebApi
• FEATURE: SSO Support for WebApi get token
• FIXED: Issue with the menus on the Resource Tab
• FEATURE: Tracking in hours can be forced to be in hours, fte, or both, as a configuration setting in the admin section.
• FEATURE: Changed all comboboxes in the Insert Project/Resource/Assignments to drop downs with search capability
• FIXED: Timesheet WebApi didn’t return total hours reported for periods
• FIXED: MSP import date shift because of weekends
• FIXED: User profile resetting to All node when home page activates/reset
• FEATURE: Column Heading are editable in the admin section
• FIXED: issue when in some cases Project read right could create a project.
• FIXED: SSO not setting user profile correctly getting stuck in a loop
• FEATURE: When approving request for new assignment the system will check if someone
added an identical assignment and asks if the user wants to update the existing one or create
a new assignment
• FEATURE: Resource WebApi
• FEATURE: User WebApi
• FEATURE: Timesheet WebApi
• FIXED: Users can change the assignment state on forecast pages
• FIXED: Error when editing formulas for ranking
• FIXED: Cast error on approve request in Oracle
• FIXED: Empty project list when adding external dependency to project scheduler
• FIXED: Oracle get assignment allocation order. Allocations colors display correctly.
• FIXED: Export PDWare XML file to include secondary skills
• New PMO space with demand analysis, roadmap, risk analysis, and scenarios
• New optimization calculation with support for allocate committed first and allocate to skill
• Projects can be excluded in scenarios to see impact
• Scenarios can be applied to portfolio prioritizations
• Support for Node list filters on any list
• Hide zero rows remembers between sessions
• Scheduler supports multiselect of tasks
• Scheduler tasks can link with Project Status Phases and Milestones
• Scheduler supports external dependencies
• PM can request forecast changes based on scheduler changes and discrepancy between
project plan and assignments
• Support for column visibility based on user rights
• FIXED: personal page always shows all personal assignments
• FIXED: Export projects Active field
• FIXED: Export secondary skills
• FIXED: Resource histogram uses assignment forecast as availability
• FIXED columns can be hidden based on right level
• Redis backend for caching and calculations
• New Scheduler Gantt design with: undo/redo, copy paste, baseline, auto schedule, compress
• Scheduler new feature:
• FIXED: max timesheet value in FTE
• New REST webapi for creating, reading, and updating projects
• Mapped columns in Forecast views are colored based on source table
• FIXED: Assignment comment not saving on request
• FIXED: Save project data from list when Risk & Issue score columns are there
• FIXED: PROJECTDESCRIPTION & PROJECTPOS fields flipped on Admin->Views->Project view
• FIXED: Admins can't destroy required views and forms
• FIXED spelling and grammar errors
• FIXED: Can't create duplicate views/forms of required names
• FIXED: Scheduler task name saving empty names
• FIXED: add skill assignment script issue (dialog won't show up)
• Fixed: skill panel showing up on max window
• Fixed: project detail demand analysis uses optimize table in month mode
• Fixed: filter panel showing up on max window
• Fixed: Editing locked after changing views in effort forecast
• Fixed: spelling issue on recalculation
• Fixed: financial view doesn’t edit after reconfigure (changing view)
• Fixed: Totals on new replace assignment and source assignment update on replace
• Fixed: editing owner field in project charter
• Fixed: clearing number of period on get data
• Fixed: Covert/replace on empty assignment brings a confirmation box
• Fixed: adding risk and issue score to project view
• Fixed: filtered the Assigned and HasSkill rows from resource views
• Added Actual row to resource utilization detail
• Pulse Engine allows setting of time for last run
• Added test query grid to pulse engine
• When looking at Effort Forecast drilldown to a resource, add assignment automatically filters to
the resource itself
• User can edit allocation on candidate before replacing (allows for over or under allocation)
• Delete scheduler task in Oracle
• Disallow negative values on timesheets
• Added confirmation on view save
• Fixed case when undefined shows in Timesheet row for comments
• Fixed duplication on Manage timesheet when a resource node has multiple forms defined (case
when using iTeam and ResourceFirst in the same database)
• Cost Centers display correctly in Financial (not filtered based on resource node right)
• Fixed: Edit on long table caused a jump
• Fixed: Column headers menu disappeared after a new view load
• Fixed: Complete edit on tables before save
• Fixed: Jump to first page when drilldown on project/resource
• Fixed: Show all removes column filters as well
• Fixed: Skill Pane works on low resolution screens
• Fixed: Skill columns are twice the width they used to be
• Compliance & Status report set status to -1 when period and no timesheet returns NULL. (as a
result were painted green on the screen now paints as grey)
• R1 can approve requests R0 can see requests made by them and delete if still open
• Date parameters in pages
• Pages now refresh on all changes (no need to refresh)
• Separate date parameters for labor and financials (for example, you can have demand in months
and financial in quarters)
• Utilization Detail now supports hours
• Column Headers can be reloaded from administration settings
• Actual row in resource utilization detail
• Confirmation on view save
• Switch Track for issue in Oracle
• By hours remembered between sessions
• Disallow negative values on timesheets
• Delete scheduler task in Oracle
• Duplication on Manage timesheet when a resource node has multiple forms defined (case when
using iTeam and ResourceFirst in the same database)
• Undefined shows in Timesheet row for comments
• Tabs refresh on change
• Converted distribution to decimal for precision
• Timesheet Compliance report now has all stats
• Roadmap sorts by priority
• Oracle issue with comment field on timesheets
• Compliance cast issue in MSSQL
• Delete timesheet row and request issue in Oracle
• Updated skill assignments with no demand become inactive
• You can edit nodes on financial assignments
• You can update skill, comment, and active field on labor assignments
• Administrators can control the availability of request functionality, and session timeout
• Portfolio values by Hours
• Menus open/close on click not hover
• SSO support for SAML 2.0 (Clarify, Okta support)
• Oracle support
• Notification can have a prefix message
• Scheduler now auto-saves changes
• Resource node path are wrapped correctly in resource detail
• Ranking issue when using a list (displayed list id instead of value) still needs to display list item
text in the column
• Sort issue on forecast skill
• Description sort issue (showing in reverse) on forecast
• Financial not showing in cost center nodes number of rows in grid
• Pulse execution with interval different from 1
• Project Ranking view is now displaying list items and calculates correctly
• Ranking detail issue with drop downs
• Empty skill sort issue (mismatch between count and rows returned)
• Adding resource assignments with no skills
• Adding tasks to scheduler with no start and end date
• Time tracking view not switching issue
• Replaced Memcached with Redis
• New project phase scheduler view with milestones and start-finish ranges
• Project is set in insert assignments dialog when you drill down to the project
• Row Total on effort forecast
• Session timeout issue redirecting to the login page.
• Financial rights issue. f0 can see, f2 edit, f1 edit on project only.
• Scheduler indentation issue
• Timeout issue with number of minutes
• Ranking Administration: Administrator can now manage the ranking fields, lists, and formulas in
the administration space.
• Project Rank Detail: In the project detail space, a new Rank panel allows the assignment of rank
values to different rank fields
• Project Ranking: In the project area a new ranking tab allows the assignment of formulas to
project and the calculation of project score base on rank fields values.
• Updating comment on a timesheet row after values were added doesn’t clear changes
• Changed save template to a background process not to timeout
• Added node-view association for timesheets (different departments can have different
• Fixed display issue when switching Tracking for when the timesheet view changes
• Blank dates on project/resource fields doesn’t break save, and save blanks
• Compliance report shows only T1 rights & Admin
• For internal deployment, fixed Loading issue with Mode=Edge
• Resources can save with empty skill and/or cost category
• Grouping summary now displays only two decimal points on all recalculations .
• Added expand/collapse panels on manage timesheet & track time.
• Added ticketing server setting for the server setting to be used in cases when Qlikview needs
• Project Detail now has a Status tab with the ability to submit status report on selected fields
(defined in the Project Status Report view) and report Phases & Milestones
• Added the ability to import CSV files from the project and resource grids.
• Added the ability to remove drilldown filter on the Forecast page
• Added close button for notifications popups
• Reformatted the top Project Detail information bar
• Fixes field switch between project description and status notes
• Fixed time tracking issue when changing By FTE & By Hours
• Fixed assignments being created with empty Resource, Skill, and Non-Labor (Financial)
• Replacing an assignment with a candidate can add to an existing assignment of the candidate
• Show mask when searching for candidates
• Forecast exports dates now use fiscal periods or calendar for headers
• Initiated Project Approver right level is now controlled by server setting
• Allow delete initiated projects without approval or reject
• Pulse email notifications now support CC
• Users can now create & apply project templates
• Users can control which tabs display in Project Detail
• Changed icons to a new set.
• Project Detail menu options now are in a float panel and don’t squeeze the project detail
Fixed User list display issue when password is blank