PDWare Portfolio Enterprise Edition supports 3 DBMS’s:
- Microsoft Access (2000 or above)
- Microsoft SQL Server (2000 or above)
- Oracle (8i and above)
For Microsoft Access, a starter database will be provided with the software. This file should be copied to a network drive that can be accessed by all users.
For Oracle and SQL Server*:
- Create a database user with DBA rights.
- Create/Select a database with 100MB of space.
- Run the provided SQL script to install the PDWare data model.
* For SQL Server, verify that the default database for the user is set to the PDWare database. Optional: if you would like to create two database users (system user and application user), the following is required:
- The Application user must have full read/write/update/delete access to all applicable PDWare objects.
- For SQL Server, the table owner must be dbo. and not owned by the System user.
- For Oracle, create synonyms for all applicable PDWare objects.